Thursday, September 3, 2009

102.6 - Honey!!! I blew-up myself...


“Sandy you have lost weight...”

“No da, he has actually put-on a bit more...”

“is it so??”

"So what???"

I am quite used to such contradictions between my friends. That was actually a morale booster for me, I always think that I am at least maintaining my weight so people feel I’ve either lost or gained. To help I will wear tight fit dark colour dresses, but of late these still doesn’t help. Couple of weeks back I thought I should at least measure the weight... I expected to be around 94-96 as that’s what I usually get on an analog weighing machine. This time I went for a Digital one to be more accurate... it clocked 102.6 Kg... This is impossible... It was quite a disaster that day... I never thought I could strike 100. It was always around 94 to 96 for quite some time... My height of 6 ft 1 inch will no more save me from looking fat. I never felt the need to stop that Wicked Brownie with General Samson every Friday. I just has full meals twice a day and a samosa in the evening with poori or upma. Morning was a lite breakfast. But this weighing machine was absolutely unfair. Do you think that Grill chicken once in a while and occasional Biriyani would have added so much fat. Since that day, whenever I go through the Bannerghatta road, I close my eyes, so that I don’t have the see the hoarding saying “He’ll never hit the Gym”. To be honest, Gym is not my style of reducing weight... You workout for three month with a low calorie diet and lose 4 Kgs.. If you lose 4 from a 60 Kg person, that might be substantial, but on me, 4 Kg is just like skipping my breakfast... so negligible. So I lose the impetus so soon. People have advised me to lose weight... I used to think I should also advice them some times. But some day I should realize... if you want to advice, you should first follow that..

I’ve not been able to use my engagement – pants or my favourite red short shirt for the last 3.5 years; I spent a bounty on them. I have them safe in my wardrobe so that, some day, through the natural process, I will become slim to fit into it. But natural process seems to take really long. Could I afford to wait with this weight?

I’ve got to decide... the needle is ticking, faster on the weighing machine than on my clock... I’ve got to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment