Sunday, March 29, 2009

Neil, Lalit, Varun and Gopi

It’s almost a month since I blogged. Time I shun away my laziness. It’s time we act, play our tiny roles that we choose. Lots of things happened in the last few weeks. First to mention: Geetha George, the reason I started this blog, my inspiration to blogging delivered her best blog, a baby boy. I am happy for Eddie, Geetha and the new addition to their family, Neil Arnav George. Having a baby is a whole new life thing. Let them enjoy the pleasure of getting fathered, mothered and soned .

IPL Shifting outside:

It is neither a shame, nor is it a pleasure. It is just unfortunate, but still ok. I would rather have a peaceful election, rather than having this as a reason for a security failure. Cricket matches will be a soft target for the terrorists, so its better if it happens fine outside during elections as long as it is safe.


The new poster boy of saffron party:

@$hole: I believed that things in this country will change with time as the youth will be matured enough to drop all the burden of past and walk towards a new future.  But this man is a killer of that hope. India can do well without this man. I hope he gets defeated both in election and the case and stays in jail for not less than 3 years for the crimes. It is not the severity of the punishment, but the certainty of it, that will stop the crime.  But BJP has done this before in Gujarat, they are used to polarizing the people and cash-in with votes.  Hope they don’t get away with this one.

Ray of Hope

Hope, though wounded, still survives. People are looking forward to a change; they hope there will be someone to rescue them from this mess. Politics is not just dust that can be swept away, it’s a gutter filled with mud and water, dirt and rotten, stinking and sick, it’s not possible to clean it without getting your hand dirty. True, but, why don’t we flush them out. The flush button is there on the polling machine (EVM). Let us all vote them out... I am sure the question would be: whom we will vote for? Are we going to vote the better of the worst? Yeah... we have been settling for something lesser than what we deserve. But do a few things to get this straight.

1.       Get your Vote registered.
2.       Understand your candidates
3.       Ensure you poll your vote as per your conscience.

Our collective conscience is the key to success. Don’t mind which party your

 representative belongs to. If your choice is an independent, that is even better.

 I read Times of India yesterday and I am very keen on looking into the profile of Capt Gopinath from my constituency: Bangalore South. I don’t know much about this man apart from the part that ‘he once owned airdeccan’.  But his words connected with me and so I choose to probe further.

 

1 comment: