Monday, February 23, 2009

Mozart of Madras

I am proud to be a fan of the Award-Winning Music Director, A.R. Rehman. Talented yet humble, Rehman and Sachin are the typical examples of how real skill behaves in public. What more, he spoke a few words which made my hair jump away from its follicle. First time, he spoke in Tamil, I was very happy to hear my mother tongue on the Oscar Stage, Second, He spoke about the choice of Love and Hate, and where Love has taken him. Wow… I am not sure how many of the millions of viewers across the globe watching that show live would have digested this message as I did, But I was thrilled.

On my way to drop my wife, she said… "You are humming that song Jai Ho.." Was I??? Oh yeah… okay… I asked her, "What's the meaning of Jai Ho?" She said its "something like victory, or Go win and come" kinds. Wow, I think Gulzar(The Lyricist) had predicted this long back.
People said, "We don’t have to be so happy, this is not an Indian Film, some one came from there used our story and he is getting all the money…" So what, we don’t just need money, do we? We needed some one to win an Oscar for India. I was hoping for long that Kamalhasan will win that first. But that possibility was always remote, considering the Academy's procedures. But I am even more happy to see Rehman win it, Now he will get more offers for Hollywood movies, his nominations would become every year affair, and he will win much more than we imagine. With the trend of music getting popular, more music directors would get opportunities

He has taken Indian music to a different level, we don’t have to wait for the concerts of Michael Jackson and Bryan Adams in India. USA and Europe will wait for Rehman to conduct his concert there. There will be a day, when my manager will tell me that he got the latest Rehman's Music CD before I did. Wow… would I still be downloading that of Torrentz? Nah, Shame!! But for now, I am Proud. Jai Ho...!!!

1 comment:

  1. I could actually feel the thump as I read through your words or I dunno if I were looking at the reflection of my own thought process.I care a damn what some of the rest would think,all I care is that it was the moment which made me feel more # of kicks inside my tummy which means,for me,my baby has some taste that it responds to good things even before entering the materialistic world. Jai Ho Rahman :)

    ReplyDelete